Tuesday December 12, 2017 1:00pm to 6:00pm
MarS Auditorium, 101 College Street, Toronto
SOSCIP, in partnership with the Business/Higher Education Roundtable (BHER), is hosting an industry-academic partnering forum, Computing in the Real World, which is a new opportunity to collaborate on SOSCIP R&D projects in data science.
Computing in the Real World will bring private sector representatives and academic researchers together to focus on innovation opportunities in data science. Attendees will learn how business challenges can be solved through data science approaches, including: Artificial Intelligence; Internet of Things; Machine learning and deep learning; Simulation and modelling; and Data analytics.
- Learn from successful SOSCIP case studies in advanced manufacturing, digital media and smart cities;
- 60-Second Research Challenge/Solution Session - Participants will have one minute to describe their data science challenge or solution to help identify collaboration opportunities;
- Learn how to apply for a collaborative R&D project and gain access to SOSCIP's advanced computing platforms and expertise;
- "Computing in the Real World" Panel brings together industry & academic leaders to discuss ideas, challenges and emerging opportunities relevant to the application of computing in the real world;
- Networking Reception hosted by IBM Canada Ltd.
This free event is open to all academic researchers from SOSCIP's member institutions and all members of BHER and the Business Council of Canada.