Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
This call is seeking pre-commercial innovative prototypes that can be tested in real life settings and address a variety of priorities within the Government of Canada. The Testing Stream aims to procure, test and evaluate innovative late stage pre-commercial prototypes.
The purpose of these calls for proposals (CFPs) is to create pools of pre-qualified innovations that Canada may select from to address a broad range of the Government of Canada organizations' requirements.
There are four priority area's within the standard component testing stream:
- Clean technology
- Safety and security
There are seven priority area's within the military component testing stream:
- Digital defence
- Cyber operations and resilience
- Fully networked command, communications, and control
- Countering small Unmanned Aerial Systems (C-sUAS)
- Enhanced soldier systems – Close combat
- Training and In-service support (ISS)
- Other defence capability enablers
Bidders are required to certify program eligibility as part of their proposal. Selected Bidders will be required to re-certify eligibility at any phase under the ISC program. To remain eligible for the Testing Stream, eligibility criteria must be met at all times.
- The Bidder must meet the definition of a Canadian Bidder.
- 80% of the financial proposal costs, must be Canadian goods or Canadian services, as defined in the Canadian Content certification.
- The Bidder must be the owner of the Intellectual Property (IP) for the proposed innovation, or have a licence to the IP rights from a Canadian licensor for the proposed innovation and not be infringing on any IP rights.
- The proposed innovation must not be openly available in the marketplace, and must not have been previously sold on a commercial basis as of the date of this bid submission. (Please note: Once your company submits a proposal for an innovation to the program, the innovation is able to be sold commercially)
Previously pre-qualified innovation:
- The proposed innovation or any other versions of the proposed innovation must not have been previously awarded a contract in any of the Innovative Solutions Canada Streams, the Build in Canada Innovation Program (BCIP) or its predecessor, the Canadian Innovation Commercialization Program (CICP), and it is not currently active in a pool of pre-qualified Innovations.
- A proposed innovation that is currently active in a pool will be accepted only once the bid validity period for that proposal has expired or the Bidder has withdrawn their innovation from the relevant pool in collaboration with the Contracting Authority. The Bidder agrees that having pre-qualified into a pool does not guarantee pre-qualifying under the current solicitation.
- The Bidder's financial proposal must not exceed the relevant component's maximum funding amounts which are $550,000.00 CAD for the standard component; and $1,150,000.00 CAD for the military component (applicable taxes, shipping, and travel and living expenses are extra, as applicable).
Small & Medium Enterprise Eligibility
The estimated, total combined budget under the Calls is $20M.
Maximum Project Value
The maximum funding available for each contract resulting from the CFPs is:
- Standard component $550,000
- Military component $1,150,000
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.