The Foundation of the Volvo Environment Prize
The Volvo Environment Prize has become one of the scientific world’s most respected environmental prizes. Laureates represent all fields of environmental and sustainability studies and initiatives.
The span of disciplines is wide and includes all disciplines which have relevance to the environment. The research of nominees should be based on scientific grounds but must clearly show impacts outside of the specific discipline.
The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately CAD $200 000). The award ceremony is in Stockholm in November each year.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
If your nomination will be submitted by a nominator other than the VPR, please submit directly to the sponsor by the external deadline. Please also submit a copy of the full nomination and OR-5 to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Self-nominations are not accepted.
The Vice-President (Research) will serve as nominator for those nominees recommended by the Honours and Awards Advisory Committee. If you wish to nominate a colleague or to be considered for VPR nomination, please alert your Associate Dean (Research) and submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) by the internal deadline.
An Expression of Interest will include:
A draft letter (two-three pages) addressed to the VPR which outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria outlined on the program website; and an up-to-date CV (up to 10 pages) for the nominee (and each member of the team, if applicable);
If your application will be submitted by a different nominator (than VPR), please download the nomination form: Nomination form 2020 and submit to: email@example.com or by post to:
The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation
c/o Christina Leijonhufvud
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
SE-104 05 Stockholm, Sweden
Nominations must include the following:
- A short letter of motivation
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
- Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behaviour.
- CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
- Letter/s of reference. Maximum 3 letters written by someone other than the nominator.
- Nominations should be submitted in English using the official form available at www.environment-prize.com
- When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals please send one nomination for each person (maximum 3 persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize.
- A nomination remains valid for three years.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=Volvo%20International%20Environment%20Prize or email@example.com
For More Information
Visit program website: http://www.environment-prize.com/the-prize/the-prize/