The Volvo Environment Prize is awarded by an independent foundation. A Scientific Committee does the initial screening and evaluation of candidates. The International Prize Jury, a group of internationally renowned scientists, makes the final selection of prize laureate.
The Prize consists of a hand-crafted diploma, a glass sculpture and a cash award for SEK 1.5 million (approximately EUR 145,000 or USD 167,000). The award ceremony is in Stockholm in November each year.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
Send the nomination by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or send it by post to:
The Volvo Environment Prize Foundation
c/o Christina Leijonhufvud
The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences
SE-104 05 Stockholm, Sweden
Nominations must include the following:
- A short letter of motivation
- A detailed description of the research the nominee has conducted and how it adds to our knowledge around environmental science. Main achievements and their importance should be emphasized.
Emphasis must also be placed on the impacts of the research outside of the particular discipline e.g. impacts on policy development, impacts on sustainability and/or contribution to changed behaviour.
- CV of the nominee + list of published paper/s and links if available.
- Letter/s of reference. Maximum three letters written by someone other than the nominator.
- Nominations should be submitted in English using the official form available at www.environment-prize.com. When not feasible, please contact the secretariat email@example.com
- When submitting nominations for a group of named individuals please send one nomination for each person (maximum three persons) and specify in the description of achievements that the nomination is for a shared prize.
- A nomination remains valid for three years.
- Please note that self-nominations are not accepted.
For More Information
Visit program website: http://www.environment-prize.com/the-prize/the-prize/