Women's College Hospital, Ontario SPOR Support Unit and Government of Ontario
The $15K Challenge is a competitive funding initiative that supports grassroots research projects across Ontario by awarding up to $15,000 to organizations helping to advance the health of women and girls. The Women’s Xchange team can assist with the application and research process when needed.
Potential projects may include:
- Identifying unmet needs within a defined community
- Exploring or testing effective solutions to problems
- Increasing the understanding of factors that influence women’s health
- A registered charitable organization or foundation
- An organization incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation
- An unincorporated branch or chapter of a charitable organization or incorporated not-for-profit organization
- A community agency
- A collaborative of two or more organizations that that are working together to achieve a common goal (with at least one eligible member)
- Universities/Colleges, schools, hospitals are eligible only if they are working with a community agency that involves at least one eligible organization
First time applying for a research grant?
Women’s Xchange can provide guidance throughout the application and research process. With access to a Scientific Lead and assistance in developing academic partnerships, applicants will be supported with regards to developing a research proposal and conducting a successful research study.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Notice of Intent: PI to sends an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following:
More information about NOI can be found on the sponsor website.
PI to submit:
Attn: Women's Xchange (Maeve Paterson), 6th Floor, Rm. 6345
The hard copy of your application package must be post-marked February 8, 2018 and arrive shortly after to be considered for funding.
More information on this funding competition can be found on the $15K Challenge website.