Thursday September 24, 2015 10:00am to 11:00am
UC, Room 442
Session speaker: Laura Sider, Program Coordinator at AAC
The Growing Forward 2 (GF2) Program promotes innovation, competitiveness, market development, adaptability, and sustainability in Canada's agri-food and agri-based bioproducts sector.
Since the program began in 2013, researchers at U of G have received over $5 Million in funding through the GF2 Program.
While academic institutions are not eligible to apply as lead applicants to the program, faculty can be collaborators or sub-contractors to an eligible applicant (e.g. not-for-profit associations/ organizations or for- profit businesses, primarily based in Ontario, which are legally recognized entities in the agriculture, agri-food or agri-based bioproducts sector).
GF2 may provide cost-share funding up to a maximum of 75% of eligible project costs. Both cash and in-kind contributions made by applicants can be considered for matching by AAC.
Guidelines for the GF2 Program have recently changed. This information session will:
- Present an overview of the GF2 program and discuss the recent changes;
- Provide information to researchers about the application process;
- Discuss matching funding and in-kind contributions;
- Review eligible and ineligible expenses; and
- Examine annual budget forecasting and the impact on funding availability.
Why should you attend?
1) You have a research project that meets one of AAC’s key focus areas and want to explore this funding opportunity further;
Key Focus Areas:
- Environment and Climate Change Adaptation
- Animal and Plant Health Assurance Systems (Food Safety, Traceability, Animal Welfare)
- Market Development
- Labour Productivity Enhancement\
- Business and Leadership Development
2) You are currently involved in an active GF2 project and want to learn more about the GF2’s recent program changes;
3) You are interested in increasing your chances at submitting a successful application
This is a great opportunity for all UofG researchers to learn more about the ACC-GF2 Program
One-on-One AAC- GF2 Consultation Sessions
Faculty will have an opportunity to meet individually with AAC Program Coordinators to discuss their research. The 20 min consultation sessions are available after the information session, on Thursday September 24, 2015, 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., UC Rm 430. To book a session, please RSVP by September18, to Patti Minakis at email@example.com