Monday June 1, 2015 9:00am to 12:00pm
UC Room 442
Various programs are available through OCE that provide additional funds to leverage cash and in-kind contributions from industry. In some cases, these programs require only a 1:1 (cash + in-kind) matching from the industry partner to establish the OCE contribution, and in some cases matching of up to 4:1 on industry cash contributions can be accessed using these programs. Working directly with researchers at Ontario’s universities, OCE also helps identify innovations with commercial potential and helps establish academic-industry collaborations with a broad range of for-profit industry partners.
The OCE programs recently changed and are open to a wide range of disciplines. This information session will provide insights about three key OCE programs (see below) and the application process.
Why should you attend?
1) Leveraging - OCE offers opportunities to leverage your industry funding and make your dollars go farther. Leverage your industry dollars at both provincial (OCE) and federal (NSERC) levels - come find out how!
2) No set deadlines - You can submit applications at anytime to OCE's key programs: the Voucher for Innovation and Productivity (VIP) and TalentEdge. Set a deadline that suits your schedule!
3) Quick assessments - OCE and UofG Catalyst Centre staff are available to help you navigate the OCE programs, provide a quick answer on whether your project is a "fit", and discuss leveraging opportunities. Saves you time!
4) How to work with Industry - OCE's focus is on "Market Pull" and working with industry. Collaborating with industry requires a reciprocal understanding of both industry and University needs. We're here to provide tips/guidance on how to maximize your collaborative partnership with industry.
This is a great opportunity for all UofG researchers to learn more about the following OCE partnership programs:
- Voucher for Innovation and Productivity I (VIP I) – entry-level support for university-industry collaborations, up to 1 year.
- Voucher for Innovation and Productivity II (VIP II) – university-industry collaborations, up to 2 years.
- TalentEdge (TE) – top up salary support for HQPs.
Session speakers include:
Tim Gibbins -Business Development Manager at OCE,
UofG faculty - who currently hold a grant in one of these programs,
Industry partners – who are working with UofG faculty on OCE supported projects,
Erin Skimson and Gregor Lawson - Catalyst Center and
Angela Vuk and Katie Meyer-Beck - Office of Research.
One-on-One OCE Consultation Sessions
Faculty will have an opportunity to meet individually with Tim Gibbins and Julie Lukkarila, Business Development Managers at OCE to discuss their research and OCE funding opportunities. The 20 min consultation sessions are available after the information session, on Monday, June 1, 2015, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., UC Rm 442. To book a session, please RSVP by May 28, 2015, to Patti Minakis email@example.com.