Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
For More Information
The Canadian Agricultural Adaptation Program (CAAP) (2014-2019) is a five-year, $50.3 million program providing non-repayable contributions for industry-led projects that help the agriculture, agri-food, and agri-based products sector to adapt and remain competitive.
The objective of CAAP (2014-2019) is to help the agriculture, agri-food, and agri-based products sector to:
- Seize opportunities:
- Allow industry to take advantage of a situation or circumstance to develop a new idea, product, niche, or market opportunity.
- Respond to new and/or emerging issues:
- Address issues that were unknown or not a concern before.
- Pathfind and/or pilot solutions to new and ongoing issues:
- Pathfinding – investigating new ways and/or different options of dealing with new and/or ongoing issues.
- Piloting – testing ideas and/or approaches to apply in the sector.
The University is NOT an eligible applicant under this program but CAN be a sub-contractor to an Eligible Applicant (e.g legal entities capable of entering into legally binding agreements, such as not-for-profit organizations and associations, marketing boards, and aboriginal groups).
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) will determine funding on a case-by-case basis.
The maximum funding amount for each project will generally not exceed:
- $1 million
- $4 million (over 5 years)
Eligible project costs are to be shared 50:50 between AAFC and the Industry Applicant. Total government funding sources to meet the Industry Applicant’s matched funding for the project can NOT exceed 85%. A maximum of 10% in-kind can be used towards the Industry’s 50% matching share.
CAAP (2014-2019) ends on March 31, 2019.
If you have been invited to participate in this program, you will need to submit a copy of the proposal and signed OR-5 for review 2 weeks prior (10 working days) to submission by the Eligible Applicant. Researchers are encouraged to contact the Office of Research ASAP for program information and assistance with completing your proposal.