SponsorEricsson Canada Inc.
ProgramEricsson Request for Proposal
Ericsson is soliciting projects from researchers across Canada for the purposes of strengthening Canada’s Information and Communications Technology (ICT) ecosystem and to enhance its vision of a Networked Society. Proposals must benefit Ericsson’s business in Canada and internationally.
Areas of focus include, but are not limited to the following subjects:
- Operator Support Systems - OSS
- Business Support Systems - BSS
- TV and Media Systems
- Cloud Technologies
- Network Function Virtualization - NFV
- Software Defined Networks - SDN
- Context Aware Communications
- Media Coding
- Data & Knowledge
- Internet of Things
- User Experience
- Next generation IP network
- Next generation fixed and mobile broadband technologies (ie. 5G)
- Heterogeneous networks and small cells
- Smart Grid communications
- Software engineering
- Machine-to-machine communications
- Internet of the future
- Business model research
- Social implications of a networked society
- Energy efficiency of infrastructure
- Smart Cities
- Content Distribution Networks
- Data Center Architecture & Management
- Applications of networked society such as e-health, m-health, intelligent transportation systems, security or cyber-security
Direct project costs are shared by Ericsson and potentially funding agencies such as MITACS or NSERC, depending on eligibility.
Projects that focus on the application of existing technology, provide routine analysis, collect data without interpreting underlying mechanisms, or provide professional practice or consulting services (contract research) are not eligible. Similarly, proposals that involve the set-up and operational management of an institute, a formal or informal group of researchers, or that are principally associated with the acquisition and maintenance of scientific equipment will not be considered.
Maximum Project Value
$50,000 CAD per project
The majority of awards are for one year; however, projects may range from one year to two years in duration.
Applicants wishing to submit an RFP will be required to sign a research agreement prepared by Ericsson Canada Ltd., which includes, but is not limited to, intellectual property, confidentiality, reporting, and publication terms and conditions. Note: under this agreement, Ericsson will own all Foreground Intellectual Property created as part of this research collaboration.
If you are interested in submitting an application, please contact Katie Meyer-Beck for additional instructions:
Research Contracts Manager
519-824-4120 x. 54059
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
- Contact the Office of Research at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a copy of the Ericsson Request for Proposal template as well as more information on this competition.
- Applicant contact information (institution name, contact name, email address and telephone number) must be submitted via email to Richard Pym at email@example.com by October 15, 2015.
- RFP INTERNAL DEADLINE to Office of Research Services: Please submit your RFP submission, along with an OR-5 Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16, 2015.
- RFP EXTERNAL DEADLINE to sponsor: the RFP must be completed/uploaded using Ericsson’s “eSourcing” electronic application submission tool by October 31, 2015.