Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) and Alberta Innovates- Technology Futures (AITF)
Alberta – Ontario Program (AOP)
The Alberta – Ontario Program supports cross-provincial collaborations between industry and academia to solve key industry challenges in both provinces. Jointly managed by AITF and OCE, the Alberta – Ontario Program focuses on solving industry challenges that can be addressed with research and development activities and have economic benefits for both provinces.
Research teams must be composed of at least one (1) industry partner with operations in both provinces, one (1) full time faculty member from an Ontario academic institution, and one (1) research partner from an Alberta- accredited public academic institution.
The Alberta-Ontario Program will fund approved projects as follows:
- AITF can contribute a minimum of $100,000 and a maximum of $250,000 CAD over two years
- OCE can contribute a minimum of $100,000 and a maximum of $250,000 CAD over two years
Industry partners match:
- Industry partner(s) are required to match 1:1 the AITF and OCE contributions with a combination of cash (minimum 50%) and in-kind (minimum 50%) contributions..
- For industry-university projects, NSERC CRD grant will match the cash contribution from industry
maximum 24 months
Please note that the Alberta-Ontario Program consists of two stages, involving the submission of:
- Expression of Interest ("EOI") - OPEN CALL FORMAT: The EOI application form can be obtained from the Application Support Team.
- Full application - INVITATION ONLY.
The AOP prioritizes projects that creatively address industrial challenges in the following industry sectors, identified as high-potential areas for Alberta and Ontario:
- Advanced materials and manufacturing
- Energy and environment (including water)
- Agriculture, forestry
- Advanced health technologies
- Life sciences, biotechnology
- Information, communications technologies, digital media
- Aerospace and Defense
Please submit your EOI and OR-5 to the Office of Research at email@example.com 5 days before submission to the sponsor.
If your project is invited to submit a full application, please immediately notify the Office of Research.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
EOIs will be accepted on a rolling intake basis until all program funds are committed
How to Apply
If you are a University of Guelph researcher interested in applying to the AOP, please contact Gregor Lawson in the Catalyst Centrelawsong@uoguelph.ca