Canada Europe Joint Funding Initiative
Must include a strong collaboration between at least one research entity (academic or private) in Canada and at least one private entity in Germany.
Maximum $380,000 EU for each applying SME in Germany and $500,000 for Canada. See details for RTOs in call for proposals.
- A research agreement must be signed by all research entities involved in the project within 3 months after the funding confirmation.
- Intellectual property generated under this funding program will be managed according to the policies of the financial partners involved.
- A licence option will be granted to the CQDM industrial sponsors (currently Merck and Pfizer and their subsidiaries) for the use of the results for R&D purposes only. The main conditions of the end user license option will be negotiated before the beginning of the project and will take into account pre- existing IP as well as contribution from each party.
- CDQM industrial sponsors will have no rights to commercialize the IP resulting from the project or the pre-existing IP.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Candidates must submit their short common application form and full application form.
How to Apply
Please see the letter of intent and proposal information and forms.
Each research proposal must:
- Include strong collaboration between at least one research entity (public or private) in Canada and at least one private entity in Germany. *Please note: In Germany, a private entity (SME) is mandatory to apply. Public and private non-profit research and technology organizations (RTOs) acting as cooperation partners for a SME are also eligible for ZIM-fnding. In Canada the participation of a private organization is highly encouraged and preferred, but not mandatory, Universities are eligible.
- Generate clear deliverables with immediate applications in the drug discovery and/or development process of new therapeutics.
- Be highly innovative with a strong and wide potential impact on biopharmaceutical research.