SponsorThe Gates Foundation and its Grand Challenges partners
ProgramGrand Challenges Explorations Round 15
For More Information
For additional information, please visit the program’s websites (www.grandchallenges.org) for
- Rules and guidelines: http://gcgh.grandchallenges.org/GCGHDocs/GCE_Rules_and_Guidelines_Round15.pdf
- Application forms and instructions: http://gcgh.grandchallenges.org/Explorations/Pages/ApplicationInstructions.aspx
- FAQ page: http://gcgh.grandchallenges.org/Explorations/Pages/FAQ.aspx
Grand Challenges Explorations, an initiative to encourage innovative and unconventional global health and development solutions, is now accepting grant proposals for its latest application round. Proposals are being accepted online on the following topics:
- Addressing Newborn and Infant Gut Health Through Bacteriophage-Mediated Microbiome Engineering
- Explore New Ways to Measure Delivery and Use of Digital Financial Services Data
- Surveillance Tools, Diagnostics and an Artificial Diet to Support New Approaches to Vector Control
- New Approaches for Addressing Outdoor/Residual Malaria Transmission
- Reducing Pneumonia Fatalities Through Innovations that Improve Pneumonia Diagnosis & Referral of Malnourished Children
- Enable Merchant Acceptance of Mobile Money Payments
Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any organization, including colleges and universities, government laboratories, research institutions, non-profit organizations and for profit companies.
It is anticipated that the Foundation will be funding approximately eighty awards each round although this number is dependent on the quality of proposals received.
Maximum Project Value
Awards of $100,000 USD are made in Phase I. Phase I awardees have one opportunity to apply for a follow-on Phase II award of up to $1,000,000 USD.
Phase I projects have a term of 18 months beginning on the project start date.
The review and evaluation of your application are not based on your past history or institutional capabilities. Describe your project without identifying personal or organizational information and do not refer to potential project partners by names or other identifying information. Proposals that do not adhere to these restrictions may be removed from consideration.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
to Office of Research Services. Please submit your application, along with an OR-5 Form to email@example.com
How to Apply
Please review the detailed instructions available here: http://gcgh.grandchallenges.org/Explorations/Pages/ApplicationInstructions.aspx . Once applications have received institutional approval, researchers will submit them via the Grand Challenges online portal.