Found Animals Foundation
Found Animals offers Michelson Grants for research in pursuit of a single-dose, permanent, nonsurgical sterilization product or technology for use in male and female dogs and cats. When developing a potential approach, applicants should consider the program’s goal of bringing to market a low-cost, permanent, nonsurgical sterilant or sterilants that will have a maximum impact in addressing populations of animals driving shelter intake.
The Michelson Prize & Grants is an international program open to any entity, including academic institutions, biotechnology firms, research institutes, and well-qualified individuals or groups.
Maximum Project Value
Up to $250,000 USD/year for up to 3 years.
Up to 3 years.
To qualify for a Michelson Grant, a proposed project must pursue a technology, mechanism, or pathway representing an innovative approach to nonsurgical sterilization. Investigators are encouraged to submit for "proof of concept" studies in cell culture or rodents (in certain cases), and/or in dogs and cats.
How to Apply
- Please review the the Michelson Grant Funding Criteria, online resources and tips for applicants, and FAQs prior to submitting an LOI.
- Applicants must email their LOIs to: email@example.com. In the text of the email, applicants must indicate where they first learned about the funding opportunity.
The LOI must contain:
- Investigators' names, institution, address, phone, email, and a title descriptive of the work proposed
- Proposed approach for developing a single-dose, permanent, nonsurgical sterilant
- The rationale for proposing this approach
- An overview of required research (budget estimates not required)
- Confirmation that the applicant has reviewed the resources outlined in Step 1 above