Student Affairs - Programs and Events Newsletter
Student Affairs creates and distributes the biweekly program and events newsletter "What's Happening" to all main campus students throughout the Fall and Winter semesters. This mailing provides students (undergraduate and graduate) with information about events and programs hosted by the University of Guelph (including departments outside of Student Affairs).
Submit an Entry to "What's Happening"
The below information outlines submission deadlines and formatting requirements for departments interested in leveraging this promotion opportunity. Please adhere to the following when preparing a message:
- All University correspondence and documents are expected to comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
- Each submission should be less than 75 words, and direct recipients to further information using a link (aka hyperlink).
Formatting of Links/Hyperlinks
- In your submission, please do not hyperlink the words. Instead, provide the text for your hyperlink (keep it brief, 2-5 words) followed by the full URL address. This information will then be hyperlinked in the published edition.
- Example of requested submission format: Book a Tour: https://admission.uoguelph.ca/tour
- Avoid descriptions like "click here” or “learn more". Instead, provide enough detail to allow the user to know where they are being directed. For example you can use: Book a Tour; Apply/Register/Sign Up Here; Further Program Details, Complete the Survey.
- Each listing will be published with one accompanying image.
- Submit your image as an attachment or within the body of your email.
- Avoid having a large amount of text in your image. It should not resemble a poster.
- Please write the title of your submission using capital and lowercase letters.
- Use full sentences and limit the use of short forms and abbreviations.
- Please follow the following approved format: Monday, September 5, 2023
- Please follow the following approved format: 1:00pm – 2:00pm
- Submissions must be different for each issue.
- Remember to proofread the message before you submit it.
Typically, the What's Happening newsletter will be distributed to students on the Friday or Monday following the submission due dates, outlined below. If Student Affairs receives too many submissions, priority will be given to departments within the division of Student Affairs.
The submission due dates are as follows, and distribution of each newsletter will typically follow on the Friday or Monday following the due date:
|Fall Semester||Winter Semester|
|Thursday, September 14, 2023||Thursday, January 11, 2024|
|Thursday, September 28, 2023||Thursday, January 25, 2024|
|Thursday, October 12, 2023||Thursday, February 8, 2024|
|Thursday, October 26, 2023*||Thursday, February 22, 2024|
|Thursday, November 9, 2023||Thursday, March 7, 2024|
|Thursday, November 23, 2023||Thursday, March 21, 2024|
|Thursday, December 7, 2023||Thursday, April 4, 2024|
* this issue will not be published until October 31st or November 1st.
How to Submit to the Programs and Events Newsletter?
Please forward submissions to Student Affairs before noon on the dates listed above.