U of G Revels in Homecoming 2012
September 14, 2012 - News Release
Homecoming 2012 kicks off with the Guelph Gryphons taking on the Toronto Varsity Blues Sept. 22 at 1 p.m. in the newly renovated Alumni Stadium with its new synthetic field and eight-lane international-calibre track-and-field facility.
The University will provide special viewing areas with large-screen TVs in the Gryphon arena, as well as in the Brass Taps and the Grad Lounge in the University Centre. Student Housing will also provide game-viewing opportunities. The game will be broadcast on the Score Television Network.
Stu Lang, now in his third season as head coach of the football Gryphons, said: “Homecoming is not only inspirational for our players — they love our special all-black uniforms — but it is the best day for our fresh recruits to experience Guelph’s passionate student fans.”
Extremely popular, all game tickets and alumni packages were sold out within an hour.
Homecoming reunion events will be held as follows:
• CBSAA disc golf event. For more information, contact Annie Benko.
• CSAHS reunion: Amanda Taylor.
• Engineering AA annual general meeting: Annie Benko.
• Human kinetics five-kilometre fun run: Meghan Yip.
• Mac-FACS-FRAN AA Homecoming gathering: Amanda Taylor.
• Men’s basketball: Sam Kosakowski.
• Redmen football: Sam Kosakowski.
• School of Languages and Literatures reception: Amanda Taylor.
Sports Information and Media Relations Co-ordinator
519-824-4120, Ext. 53159
For media questions, contact Communications and Public Affairs: Lori Bona Hunt, 519-824-4120, Ext. 53338, or email@example.com, or Shiona Mackenzie, Ext. 56982, or firstname.lastname@example.org.