Call for Nominations for Presidential Search Committee
November 02, 2012 - Campus Bulletin
With University of Guelph president Alastair Summerlee’s second term concluding on June 30, 2014, Dick Freeborough, chair of the Board of Governors, has asked that the process for establishing a Presidential Selection Committee be initiated.
This will ensure that a successor is identified and ready to take up the responsibilities of the role by the summer of 2014.
In accordance with the University’s established policy for presidential searches, a selection committee will be appointed. After consultation with a wide array of interested parties to support the development of a position profile and encourage suggestions of suitable candidates, the committee will carry out a confidential search leading to a recommendation to the Board of Governors.
The committee's composition is outlined in the board's policies and includes representation by faculty, staff, and students, specifically:
- Chair of the Board of Governors, who chairs the selection committee
- Two external members of the Board of Governors
- Three tenured faculty members; professional librarians are also eligible (elected by Senate)
- Two students, one undergraduate and one graduate student (elected by Senate)
- One regular full-time staff member (elected by Senate)
- One University of Guelph alumna/alumnus (elected by the University of Guelph Alumni Association).
Information about the nomination process and nomination forms is available online.
The deadline for submission of nominations to the University Secretariat office is Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012, at 4 p.m.