Gryphons 2013 Homecoming Game Set to be Biggest Ever
September 17, 2013 - News Release
Homecoming 2013 kicks off Saturday, Sept. 21 with the Guelph Gryphons taking on the McMaster Marauders at 1 p.m. in Alumni Stadium with the largest crowd in Gryphon football history expected.
The Gryphons are off to a 3-0 start this fall. Last season, Guelph made the OUA final before losing to McMaster in the Yates Cup. This rematch will be broadcast live on Sportsnet 360.
Stu Lang, now in his fourth season as head coach, said: “Homecoming is not only inspirational for our players but it is the best day for our interested recruits to experience Guelph’s passionate and supportive fans. We are excited to be playing this year in front of what may be our biggest home crowd ever.”
This year the team hopes to fill the stadium, which seats approximately 13,000, with the seating added for this season’s home games of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Tickets are nearly sold out, with only a small selection of adult tickets remaining.
Gryphon football alumni will play in the Glory Bowl at 10 a.m.
The gates to Alumni Stadium open at 11:30 a.m. Toast and Jam, a southwestern Ontario acoustic duo, will perform before the Gryphons game at 11:40 a.m. and during the half-time show.
Grads may pick up a free gift at the alumni tent just inside Gate 2 and complete a ballot for a chance to win an iPad.
Homecoming reunion events will be held as follows:
• College of Management and Economics alumni reunion: For information and to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Redmen/Gryphon football reunion: Email Sam Kosakowski.
• Engineering Alumni Association: Annual general meeting in Thornbrough 1435. Email Annie Benko.
• School of Languages and Literatures alumni reception: For information and to register, email email@example.com.
• 1973 Phys. Ed. class reunion: Email Annie Benko
Sports Information and Media Relations Coordinator
519-824-4120, Ext. 53159