Nominees Sought for Exemplary Staff Awards
April 24, 2014 - Campus Bulletin
President Alastair Summerlee is calling for nominations for the 2014 President's Awards for Exemplary Staff Service. There are seven award categories: six individual, one team. The nomination deadline is May 1.
Created in 2003, the awards program recognizes U of G staff who have consistently demonstrated commitment to excellence and exceeded their expected responsibilities.
The awards are:
- Community Service Award: An employee who demonstrates Guelph’s commitment to community service through volunteer work on or off campus.
- Excellence in Health and Safety Award: An individual, group or committee fostering a culture of health and safety in the workplace .
- Exemplary Team Recognition Award: A cohesive team whose members demonstrate shared commitment to providing exceptional service and combine their expertise for high-quality results.
- Hidden Hero Award: An employee who supports others and provides excellent service behind the scenes.
- Innovative Leadership Recognition Award: An employee who is an innovative thinker and creative implementer, and whose vision motivates and inspires others.
- Service Excellence Recognition Award: A staff member on the front line who motivates and inspires others to excel in customer service.
- University of Guelph Spirit Award: An employee who demonstrates University spirit by fostering a sense of belonging to the U of G community or by supporting and promoting the University.
All non-academic full- and part-time U of G staff employed here for at least two years are eligible for the awards. Individual employees receive $2,000; team members share a cash prize. Recipients will be recognized during an annual community event.
More information is available online. For further information, contact Claire Alexander, Ext. 53098, or email@example.com.