PCDR Launch Fast Facts
What is the Professional and Career Development Record (PCDR)?
- The PCDR is a tool built into Experience Guelph that formally recognizes a student’s involvement in on- and off- campus professional and career development activities, most notably experiential learning.
- This tool is designed to help a student reflect on their transferable skill development and encourages them to make connections between their experiences and their personal, academic, and career goals.
What are some PCDR feature highlights?
- Students and their advisors can review participation in a wide range of activities and experiences including career and professional development workshops, experiential learning courses, and co-curricular activities.
- Students can filter completed activities and experiences by type and transferable employability knowledge, skills, and attitudes developed.
- Only activities and experiences that meet specific quality standards and are validated by a U of G faculty or staff can be displayed on the PCDR.
- Activities validated on the PCDR are exportable to a student’s LinkedIn profile.
What students have access to the PCDR?
- All undergraduate and graduate students registered at the main University of Guelph campus.
- Guelph-Humber students will have access to a similar tool through Humber College.
- Diploma students should have access in Fall 2022.
- Open Learning students do not currently have access to the PCDR.
How can you help?
- Watch for updates and encourage students you interact with to take part in the PCDR.
- If you are a leader or supervisor of a co-curricular activity, submit a co-curricular proposal today!
- We are a new team coordinating a new program; we appreciate all the patience you can afford us while we work through these new processes.
What are some future features?
- Badges – The PCDR will feature a full badging system which will allow students to be recognized for a variety of professional and career development activities beyond only experiential learning.
- Pathways – Students will be able to view the experience pathways of alumni to help them plan.