Macdonald Hall, the oldest residence on campus, built in 1903, was named after the tobacco magnate Sir William Macdonald, who generously donated to both the Macdonald Institute and the residence for women. This three-storey building was renovated in 1969 and again in 1997; for a total of 150 beds. The first floor is home to a state-of-the-art academic lecture theater.
In 2014 Macdonald Hall underwent further renovations which would bring all College of Management and Economics under one roof. The $10 million in renovations houses new offices, teaching, and collaborative learning spaces. The hall’s residents were offered living space elsewhere on campus.
Wheelchair accessible ramp/door located on west side of building (off of Macdonald Street).
Located at the end of the hall on the left.
P23/24 off of 74 MacDonald Street; P20 off of Lennox Lane.
Located next to the elevator on each floor.