Joseph Benson Reynolds (1867-1948) first came to the Ontario Agricultural College in 1893 after finishing first in his class in physics and mathematics at the University of Toronto. He was responsible for introducing soil analysis in the physics program and involved the department in farm drainage surveys, which ultimately led to much improved crop yields.
Reynolds went on to become the Head of English, as this was his first love. He exposed students to great literature, composition and public speaking. Reynolds established a course in Canadian literature, a first for any school of higher learning in Canada. Finally, Reynolds served as president of OAC from 1920-1928. The Reynolds Building was built in 1915 for the study of Physics and Mathematics.
Ramp at main entrance off Alumni Walk; exterior auto door not functioning
Access to all floors
P44 off Winegard Walk
accessible unisex washroom on first floor