Banting Research Foundation and Dystonia Medical Research Foundation Canada
For More Information
For additional information, please visit the program's websites for
- Program guidelines
- Application forms
- Evaluation criteria
The Banting Research Foundation and DMRF Canada are pleased to announce the Banting Research Foundation Discovery Award supported by DMRF Canada is now accepting applications for 2020. This marks the fourth year of a funding partnership to support research by early career investigators focused on areas relevant to dystonia, a neurological movement disorder.
The goal of the DMRF Canada’s Science Program is to support the discovery of new or improved therapies and, ultimately, a cure for dystonia. To achieve this goal, the DMRF is dedicated to supporting the field of dystonia research and stimulating the collaborations and projects necessary to accelerate progress.
The Banting Research Foundation Discovery Award supported by DMRF Canada is a one-year grant hat will support research related to the causes, mechanisms, prevention, and treatments which could potentially enable medical breakthroughs and transformative health care advances to find a cure for dystonia
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- be a new investigator at any Canadian university or affiliated research institute who will be within the first three years of the date of first career academic appointment at the application deadline date of February 14, 2020
- have not been awarded by your institution more than $150,000 in start-up funding (exclusive of support from the Canadian Foundation for Innovation)
- have not been awarded more than $50,000 per annum in external operating funds at the application deadline date. (An applicant who has been awarded more than $50,000 per annum in external operating funds may submit a request for less than $25,000, such that the total sum of operating funds received from all sources during the funding year, should the application to The Banting Research Foundation be successful, not exceed $75,000.)
The application must be accompanied by a letter of nomination from the applicant’s host department or division head that:
- confirms all eligibility criteria have been met
- details the operating and the institutional start-up funds available to the applicant
- confirms the candidate has been provided the space and access to institutional infrastructure necessary to conduct the proposed research
- details a mentorship plan, including the name of a mentor, who will assist the applicant in launching their career by providing guidance with formulating research proposals, defining career goals and the timelines required to achieve them
A department/division head will be permitted to nominate only one potential applicant during each annual granting cycle.
Maximum Project Value
$25,000 per year
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applicant to complete the grant application (attached), convert to a PDF and submit by email.
Email the application and attachment PDF to: email@example.com. Please paste the title, lay language summary and keywords of your research proposal into your email so that it can be distributed to potential reviewers.
To properly identify your application, use this naming convention: LastnameFirstname _ BRFApplication_ 2020.pdf
Visit the sponsor website for more application procedure information.
Information For Co-applicants
If you need to meet a deadline set by the lead institution for this opportunity, please ensure that you provide the Office of Research with at least five days in advance of the lead institution’s deadline to review the application, or your proposed component of the project. Please be in touch with the Office of Research (contact information below) ahead of the deadline if it looks like it will be difficult for you to submit all the required documentation on time (i.e. budget, proposal, OR-5 Form).
|BRF Application Form 2020||69.5 KB|