Beef Cattle Research Council (BCRC)
For More Information
The Beef Cattle Research Council (BCRC) invites proposals related to proof of concept research and clinical trials.
With increased investment in research through the Canadian Beef Cattle Check-off, the BCRC has committed to provide research funding in two key areas that have previously had limited funding:
- Proof of Concept – proposals to help inform whether a concept is worth pursuing as a larger, more defined funding request
- Clinical Trials – proposals to validate practices or technologies that have been discovered through research projects and/or to facilitate the adaptation of technologies utilized in other sectors, commodities, or countries
The purpose of this call is to fund proof of concept research and clinical trials that will lead to the achievement of objectives in the Canadian Beef Research and Technology Transfer Strategy and the National Beef Strategy. Leveraging producer check-off funds allocated to approved projects with other industry or government cash contributions is encouraged but not required for this call.
Any individual or organization (academic institution, private industry, government or not-for-profit/non-government organization) from Canada or elsewhere with ability and/or a track record of success in carrying out research projects in areas relevant to the Canadian beef industry is eligible to apply.
Maximum Project Value
The total BCRC funding request must not exceed $50,000 regardless of project duration.
Six months to one year, however, projects that are longer in duration may be considered if rationale is provided.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Deadline to submit the proposal form to BCRC is October 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM MT.
How to Apply
- 2020 Call for Proposals – Proof of Concept
- 2020 Instructions and Guidelines for Submitting Proposals – Proof of Concept
- 2020 Proposal form – Proof of Concept (Note that the form must be downloaded before entering any information in order to save changes.)
- Canadian Beef Research and Technology Transfer Strategy