Biotherapeutics for Cancer Treatment
Priority funding call: BioCanRx is pleased to announce that the next call for applications is now open in all of the Catalyst, Enabling, Clinical Trial, and Clinical, Social & Economic Impact (CSEI) programs. At this time, BioCanRx is placing highest priority on the intake of new applications for funding, proposing research activities that would be likely to add value to, facilitate the implementation of, or enhance the translation to clinic of, technologies within the existing BioCanRx portfolio of research investments. The projects contained within the BioCanRx research portfolio. Of important note, new applications will be expected to speak very specifically to the value-add of their proposed research deliverables and the complementarity to support the successful development of BioCanRx technologies or research projects.
As a Networks of Centres of Excellence, BioCanRx evaluates all research proposals for scientific excellence and against BioCanRx’s network requirements.
All investigators located at Canadian institutions eligible to receive peer-reviewed funding from the three federal research-granting councils (CIHR, SSHRC, NSERC).
Maximum Project Value
Upon completion of review of full applications by the RMC, the funding recommendations are presented to the Board of Directors for approval. Once approved, applicants will receive their results via email and will be informed of any recommendations made by the RMC in that process.
If your application is successful:
- You will become a network investigator.
- Your academic institution will become a network member and sign a network agreement regarding the terms of how your project funding will be managed, if it hasn’t already.
- BioCanRx will create certain communications material specific to your project.
- You will be expected to mention BioCanRx’s involvement when communicating publicly about the project.
- The Research Management Committee will review your project’s progress twice a year to ensure it is on track and meeting their expectations.
- You and your HQP will be invited to participate in meetings and relevant workshops hosted by BioCanRx.
Applicants should be aware that all projects must plan to be completed no later than March 31, 2020. Given this time constraint, it is unlikely that new clinical trial projects will be funded in this next call for proposals, unless the trial is of a small pilot scale AND the applicant(s) can convincingly demonstrate feasibility of completion of the study by March 31, 2020.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.