The Brazilian Federal Agency for Support and Evaluation of Graduate Education (CAPES) through its Directorate of International Affairs (DRI)
Program for Institutional Internationalization of the Higher Education Institutions and Research Institutions in Brazil
For More Information
Materials for Brazil CAPES Internationalization Program Project Call
- CAPES Project Call - English 2018
- Brazil Research Universities - List of Rankings
This call focuses on internationalization projects forged with Brazilian higher education institutions (HEIs), including:
- Consolidation of existing international partnerships and construction of new partnerships and cooperation projects to increase interaction between Brazilian institutions and research groups abroad
- Stimulating the formation of international research networks with a view to improving the quality of academic production linked to postgraduate studies
- Attraction of foreign students to Brazil
- Attraction of lecturers and researchers with international experience for activities in Brazil
- Preparation of lecturers/students for periods spend abroad and how knowledge and experience will be shared by the beneficiary
The University of Guelph will only be involved in projects as co-applicants, with the Brazilian HEI taking the lead.
- UG will be a co-applicant on the calls, which need to be led by Brazilian higher education institutions (HEIs).
- The Brazilian HEI must have at least 4 Postgraduate Programs (PPGs) recommended by CAPES and at least 2 Doctorate courses
- Only one proposal can be submitted by each Proposing HEI
R$150,000,000 - 300,000,000 (up to three hundred million reals) total distributed over a maximum of 40 approved projects
25% - The University of Guelph expects to coordinate with the Brazilian HEI to ensure that each party applies the same Indirect Cost Rate.
Please see the full call for projects under the Attachments section. Specifically, please note the following:
- The partnerships between the University and Brazilian HEI should be formalized through international collaboration instruments, such as Cooperation Agreements, Agreements, MOUs, or other related documents.
- A list of the University of Guelph's institutional partners in Brazil with whom a Memorandum of Understanding has been signed are available here: https://www.uoguelph.ca/research/guelphbrazil/partnerships/partners
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Co-applicants are required to submit an OR-5 form to email@example.com along with a copy of the proposed submission from the Brazilian HEI.
The Brazilian HEI will be responsible for submitting the complete application directly to CAPES. The submission must be completed in electronic form, in English and Portuguese.
How to Apply
Please see the mandatory documentation for enrollment under Section 6 of the call for projects under the Attachments section.