The Canadian Cancer Society (CCS) and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research - Institute of Cancer Research (CIHR-ICR)
For More Information
This funding opportunity is anticipated to be launched on May 17th, 2021.
Please visit the CCS website for additional information including:
- Program guidelines
- Application forms
- Evaluation criteria
The intent of this funding opportunity is to:
- Motivate Canadians to take “action” by making healthy lifestyle choices that are easy to implement and maintain within their normal living environment
- Encourage “action” among the research and end-user communities to support this effort by harnessing new ideas, technologies, platforms, expertise and perspectives from within and outside the cancer field to test the feasibility of bold, novel interventions with the potential to prevent the onset of cancer.
This one-year funding opportunity is not intended to generate new knowledge, except in areas with an identified gap, but rather to focus the knowledge we already have and stimulate the necessary multidisciplinary and multi-sector collaborations needed to stop cancer before it starts.
- Program launch: May 17, 2021
- Registration due date: June 23, 2021
- Full application due date: September 10, 2021
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.