Cystic Fibrosis Canada (CFC)
The purpose of Cystic Fibrosis Canada’s Early Career Investigator award provides support to a limited number of exceptional investigators, who intend on making a career in CF research. The goal of this award is to provide early career investigators an opportunity to develop outstanding CF research programs and build a team through operating grant support without having to compete against established investigators.
At the time of application, candidates must:
- hold a health professional degree at a doctoral level (e.g. M.D.) or a Ph.D. degree;
- be within five years (60 months) of, or have a formal documented commitment to, their first full-time academic or research appointment at the time of application;
- never have held an operating grant from Cystic Fibrosis Canada in the past;
- have a written commitment from the Dean of Faculty or Research Director:
- guaranteeing a minimum of 0.50 FTE (full-time equivalent) protected research time for individuals with a health professional degree at a doctoral level (e.g. M.D.) who hold a licence to practice in a province or territory in Canada, or a minimum of 0.75 FTE protected research time for individuals with a Ph.D. degree or health professional degree at a doctoral level who do not hold a licence to practice in a province or territory in Canada (the remaining 0.25 or 0.50 FTE may be devoted to teaching and/or clinical activities).
- detailing the appointment, including teaching load, clinical and administrative duties, adequate research/office space, resources (equipment and/or staff), start-up funds, etc.
- be sponsored by a Canadian research institution or medical school;
- exhibit exceptional potential, and demonstrate the ability to initiate and conduct independent research.
Maximum Project Value
The maximum grant request for an early career investigator award is $100,000/year. Cystic Fibrosis Canada will accept budget requests beyond $100,000/year if there is a funding partner.
One to two years
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Application to submit a copy of application along with the letter of support from your College and a complete OR5 form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Instructions for proposalCENTRAL||89.07 KB|