CIHR’s Institutes and Initiatives
The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are:
- to support planning activities, partnership development and/or increasing understanding of the health research landscape that will contribute to the advancement of research consistent with the mandate of CIHR; and/or;
- to support dissemination events/activities that focus on the communication of health research evidence to the appropriate researcher and/or knowledge user audience(s), tailoring the message and medium as appropriate.
Each of the participating Institutes/Initiatives has tailored this funding opportunity to meet the needs of their respective communities. Please view the Sponsor Description section for specific details.
For an application to be eligible:
- The Nominated Principal Applicant must be one of the following:
- At the time of application, the Nominated Principal Applicant must be affiliated with:
- Canadian post-secondary institutions and their affiliated institutions including hospitals and research institutes; or
- Canadian non-governmental, not-for-profit organizations (including community or charitable organizations) with an explicit health research or knowledge translation mandate; or
- Canadian non-federal government departments or agencies, including regional health authorities, when specific programs of those departments or agencies do not fund the activity that forms the subject matter of the grant.
- If an organization or institution is uncertain about its eligibility for funding through this Funding Opportunity, it is encouraged to seek clarification from the CIHR Contact Centre
- Activities/events starting or taking place before the funding start dates are not eligible for funding through this opportunity.
- Applicants are not eligible to apply for additional funding for an activity or event which has been previously funded by CIHR.
- Multiple applications for the same activity or event submitted by either the same Nominated Principal Applicant or a different one are not allowable. In such cases, the first application submitted through ResearchNet will be considered and reviewed. Any subsequent applications will automatically be withdrawn.
Maximum Project Value
The maximum amount per grant varies by Institute/Initiative but will not exceed $50,000. Please see the Sponsor Description section of this funding opportunity for details on funding levels specific to each participating Institute/Initiative.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
PI to submit copy of application along with a complete OR5 form to: email@example.com
PI to complete your Full Application, follow the instructions in the Grants - ResearchNet "Application" Phase Instructions along with any additional instructions found below under "Specific Instructions".
PI to submit application directly to CIHR using ResearchNet.
Information For Co-applicants
If you need to meet a deadline set by the lead institution for this opportunity, please ensure that you provide the Office of Research with at least five days in advance of the lead institution’s deadline to review the application, or your proposed component of the project. Please be in touch with the Office of Research (contact information below) ahead of the deadline if it looks like it will be difficult for you to submit all the required documentation on time (i.e. budget, proposal, OR-5 Form).