Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
Priority Announcements (PAs) offer additional sources of funding for highly rated applications that are relevant to specific research areas. Applications are submitted through the "201803PJT" competition of the Project Grant: Spring 2018 funding opportunity. Frequently Asked Questions provide additional information on the PA program.
CIHR Research Priority Areas
- Aboriginal Peoples' Health
- Antimicrobial Resistance
- HIV/AIDS and/or other Sexually Transmitted and Blood-borne Infections (STBBIs) (Updated: 2018-01-10)
- Infection and Immunity
- Musculoskeletal, Skin and Oral Health: Clinical Research
- Neurosciences, Mental Health and Addiction
- Nutrition, Metabolism and Diabetes
- Sex, Gender & Health Research - Integration & Innovation
Visit Researchnet for more details
For eligibility requirements, please refer to the CIHR Project Grant: Spring 2018 funding opportunity.
CIHR and partner(s) financial contributions for this initiative are subject to availability of funds. Should CIHR or partner(s) funding level not be available or be decreased due to unforeseen circumstances, CIHR and partner(s) reserve the right to reduce, defer or suspend financial contributions to awards received as a result of this funding opportunity.
How to Apply
Application for a Priority Announcement is created through the "201803PJT" competition of the Project Grant: Spring 2018 funding opportunity. Please see the CIHR Project Grant Spring 2018 Research Alert for Registration and Application deadlines.
In order to ensure fairness in the evaluation of applications, CIHR will not accept updates to applications after the application deadline.
- When applying, applicants must select their Priority Announcement(s) in the drop-down menu in ResearchNet in the Priority Announcement/Funding Pool task.
- Candidates may request that their application be considered for up to three (3) priority announcement research areas per application, in each Project Grant competition.