EATSA Art & Tourism Film Festival
EATSA ARTLAB Film Competition
The creative competition EATSA ARTLAB is an integral part of the EATSA Art & Tourism Film Festival and open to the participation of students, lecturers, professors and researchers from worldwide Universities and Polytechnic Institutes.
The main goals of the competition are to:
- Foster cultural and creative expression through film;
- Promote audiovisual productions whose content is aligned with at least one of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) advocated by the UN;
- Contribute to the adoption of good social, business, and institutional practices in any of the above-mentioned areas;
- Promote the regeneration of the tourism industry through sustainability-driven models and practices;
- Bridge the gap between research and working industries.
The competition is open to audio-visual productions produced in the following institutional contexts and competitive sections:
a) Educational: Videos produced in the 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 academic years, in academic learning context, as part of a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral programme. In this case, the proponent author(s) must identify the program and the respective professor;
b) Research: videos produced in the context of field studies or as the final output of research programs. In this case, the proponent author(s) must identify the research unit, the research project and the name of the lead researcher.
c) Internship: videos produced in the context of coursework internships (bachelor’s or master’s degree). In this case, the proponent author(s) must identify the internship’s provider, the bachelor’s or master’s degree course, as well as the internship’s advisor.
Each of the three sections (Educational, Research and Internship) can include films of any of the formats and focus on any of the themes listed on the EATSA Art & Tourism Film Festival website.
The competition is open to the participation of students, lecturers, professors and researchers from worldwide Universities and Polytechnic Institutes.
The works submitted to the EATSA ARTLAB competition will be evaluated by a jury consisting of 11 members of the Festival’s jury panel.
The competition will award one “best film” per section (Educational, Research and Internship).
Winners in each section will receive the following prizes:
- A specially designed trophy, that translates the stated values of the EATSA Art & Tourism Film Festival.
- Screening of the film at the EATSA Art & Tourism Film Festival and at other related and subsequent events hosted (or co-hosted) by the organisation.
- Posting of their film at the EATSA Art & Tourism Film Festival website.
- Invitation to integrate the jury panel of the 2022 EATSA Art & Tourism Film Festival.
- Submission of the film to a selection of 20 International Festivals (within the film’s thematic alignment), with payment of related fees.
Furthermore, the jury may award special prizes.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applicant to submit required materials to Sponsor.
Please note: There is an entry fee to apply to this competition. It is 10€ per film (with a limit of two films per participant).
How to Apply
For more information on the competition and how to apply, please visit the EATSA Art & Tourism Film Festival website.