Eppendorf and the journal Science/AAAS
Eppendorf and Science/AAAS established this international prize in 2002. The Prize is intended to encourage and support the work of promising young neurobiologists who are not older than 35 years. It is awarded annually to one young scientist for the most outstanding neurobiological research based on methods of molecular and cell biology conducted by him/her during the past three years, as described in a 1,000-word entrance essay.
Rules of eligibility:
- The Eppendorf & Science Prize for Neurobiology is an international research prize.
- Entrants must be a neurobiologist with an advanced degree received in the last 10 years and not older than 35 years of age.
- The entrant's essay must describe contributions to neurobiological research based on methods of molecular and cell biology.
- The entrant must have performed or directed the work described in the essay.
- The research must have been performed during the previous three years.
- Employees of Eppendorf AG, Science and AAAS and their relatives are not eligible for the prize.
The winner of the Eppendorf and Science Prize for Neurobiology is awarded US$25,000 and publication in Science.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Please submit the nomination directly to the Eppendorf and Science Prize for Neurobiology application web-page by the external deadline. Please also submit a copy of the full nomination and OR-5 to email@example.com by the external deadline.
How to Apply
Nominations of candidates should be made by his or her postdoctoral adviser, supervisor, or other senior colleague who is familiar with the entrant's work and should include a one-page letter of recommendation. Nominations are submitted directly to the Eppendorf and Science Prize for Neurobiology web-page. Please also submit a copy of the full nomination and OR-5 to firstname.lastname@example.org by the external deadline.
For More Information
For more information, contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also see the Eppendorf and Science Prize for Neurobiology web-page.