The Setec Foundation in association with the FAMAE endowment fund.
Sustainable Construction in France and Africa
For the second edition of its call for projects, the Setec Foundation has announced its partnership with the Fourth International Environmental Innovation Competition of the FAMAE Endowment Fund.
FAMAE is an endowment fund that supports innovation for the benefit of the environment. FAMAE funds solutions to improve daily lives while lowering expenses and reducing environmental footprint.
With a prize of 1,000,000 euros, this is one of the world’s most ambitious challenges for sustainable innovation. This international competition has several components and is supported by several partners, including the Setec Foundation, each of which can choose a sub-theme for which it wishes to propose a dedicated call for projects.
Within the framework of this competition, the Setec Foundation is therefore launching a call for projects on sustainable construction in France and in a number of African countries: Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Senegal, Madagascar, Benin and Gabon.
The theme of sustainable construction is understood in the broadest sense of the term, and includes all types of infrastructure. In this sense, it is not limited to the habitat, housing, real estate and building sectors. It can involve transport structures such as bridges; network infrastructures, notably water and energy; and public service infrastructures such as schools, clinics, social centres, etc. Construction can be modular and can be mobile. It can also include renovation.
Do not hesitate to apply, if your project is:
- included in the circular economy: use of local resources, re-use of available resources, waste management;
- economical with its use of water and other natural resources, with a very low impact on the environment;
- low-carbon and uses renewable energy;
- a source of employment and training, using locally available labour and local expertise during the construction, operation, maintenance and end-of-life phases;
- replicable: the conditions of this replicability must be made explicit;
- functional with sustainable characteristics that do not limit its uses.
Important: The notion of “sustainability” applies to the entire life cycle of the work.
The competition is open to:
- Students, researchers, professors;
- NGO's and associations.
With a prize of 1,000,000 euros, this is one of the world’s most ambitious challenges for sustainable innovation.
The minimum prize for the call for projects is 100,000 euros.
Maximum Project Value
The calendar of the call for projects is as follows:
- June 17, 2021 to October 15, 2021: Call for applications.
- October 16, 2021 to November 17, 2021: Selection and hearings of preselected projects.
- December 17, 2021: Award ceremony.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
Please submit your LOI/application/proposal, along with an OR-5 Form to email@example.com.
Additional information can be found on the Setec Foundation's Website.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
Please submit your LOI/application/proposal, along with an OR-5 Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the noted deadline.
Applications are submitted directly on the dedicated platform.