France-Canada Reserch Fund (FCRF)
For More Information
For additional information, please visit the France-Canada Research Fund website for
- Program guidelines
- Application forms
- Evaluation criteria
The New Scientific Collaboration Support Program, financed by the France-Canada Research Fund (FCRF), aims to accomplish the following objectives: - support developing new expert partnerships between France and Canada; - promote the advancement of research and innovation; - prepare and structure scientific cooperation between the two countries; - promote researcher mobility, particularly for young researchers; and - provide research training for young researchers.
For the 2022 edition, the annual theme, dedicated to the Impact of global change on Oceans and Coastal regions, encourages applications on projects which address the issue of oceans from multiple perspectives, including all areas of research.
- Only projects leaded by PIs that have never collaborated before will be taken in consideration
- PhD Doctorate and postdoctoral positions are not eligible as PIs
- Canadian PI must be part of one of the 20th Canadian universities members of the FCRF
- Teams not selected in previous editions who wish to apply must inform the French Embassy in Canada at the time of sending the new application (within the limit of only one 2nd application)
Maximum Project Value
$8,000 to $15,000 depending on the budget presented by the applicants
NOTE: The period for spending the funds might be extended depending on the evolution of the health situation.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Applicant to submit a copy of the application along with a complete OR5 form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: A maximum of five pre-selected proposals can be submitted per Canadian University to the Embassy of France in Canada (if more than five submissions from the University of Guelph, applications will be adjudicated).
Applicant: Applications must be submitted electronically to the to the Embassy of France’s Scientific Office (email@example.com) and cc'd to the FCRF correspondent at University of Guelph (Grants Officer firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note regarding file names: A SINGLE PDF must begin with the surname of the lead French researcher, followed by the surname of the lead Canadian researcher
How to Apply
The 2 PIs must fill-in the application form (attached):
- Answer the eligibility questions and secondary questions
- Select the scientific field(s). Please check the 2022 specific theme box if applicable
- Fill in the sections 1 to 8
- Provide the CVs of the team members involved in the project (maximum 4 CVs). The CVs must summarize the research activities for the last 10 years, including the most representative publications, conferences, awards, and distinctions as well as the supervision of early stage researchersRead the attached 2021 FCRF Guidelines.