Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance (OMAFRA/UofG Agreement)
For More Information
For further information about this call and how to apply, please visit the Alliance website and consult the HQP Scholarship Program Guide.
The Highly Qualified Personnel (HQP) Scholarship Program provides scholarships for Masters and Doctoral students working in specific program areas related to agri-food.
The HQP Scholarship Program is designed to support the development of highly skilled graduates who can meet the changing demands of the agri-food and rural sector. The health of these sectors depends on a vibrant talent pool of skilled, forward-thinking leaders.
The HQP Scholarship Program is a program of the Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance, with additional financial support provided by Food from Thought. The Alliance and Food from Thought are dedicated to supporting advanced skill development and learning to enhance the intellectual capacity of our citizens to solve current and future problems.
HQP Scholarship Applications are due by 1:00pm on Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
A town hall information session will take place on November 25, 2021 at 10 a.m. via Microsoft Teams. Join the meeting on November 25 at this link: Join the meeting. The presentation will be posted to the Alliance website.
The HQP Scholarship Program provides financial support for students entering a University of Guelph graduate program or students enrolled in a University of Guelph graduate program. In-course applicants must be in semesters one, two, or three of their graduate program when applying.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility:
- be a Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or studying under an international visa;
- have a minimum GPA of A- (>80%) or equivalent;
- be entering your first semester of a Master's (thesis-based) or Doctoral program at the University of Guelph OR be in semesters one, two or three of a Master's (thesis-based) or Doctoral program at the University of Guelph;
- have a University of Guelph faculty advisor confirmed;
- not be an OMAFRA employee;
- not concurrently holding other major awards such as NSERC, SSHRC, OGS, Arrell, or another major scholarship valued at $15,000 or more per year; and
- have not previously held the HQP Scholarship Program award.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research webpage.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.