University of Guelph
This fund assists University of Guelph researchers in developing research grant proposals that have strong potential for attracting significant funding for submission to external funding agencies.
Eligible Applicants: Individuals or groups of faculty at the University of Guelph
- This fund supports faculty in all disciplines in the preparation of large-scale proposals that require the coordination of large research teams.
- All proposals must align with the University of Guelph’s strategic research plan. Examples of large-scale funding opportunities include, but are not limited to, NSERC Alliance Grant, SSHRC Partnership Grants, New Frontiers in Research Fund (NFRF) - Transformation.
- Proposals approved to receive financial support under this program are to be submitted to the relevant external funding sponsor(s) within 12 months of the date that such financial support is approved.
- Travel for activities such as attendance at team meetings or for the purposes of establishing partnerships and interacting with program officers, etc.
- Meeting expenses such as those related to the arrangement of in-person, WebEx or teleconference meetings of project team members, etc.
- Personnel for activities such as grant facilitation, development and editing as well as administrative support, etc.
Maximum $5,000 (provided there are matching funds from the applicant's college)
Funding must be used within 12 months of the date of the award.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Please submit the final application package along with a complete and signed OR-5 form to the Office of Research Services at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to clearly indicate the source of the matching funds.
The next grant proposal application deadline for this program is: Oct 31, 2019.
How to Apply
Consult the Major Proposal Development webpage.