March of Dimes Canada
The Jonas Salk Award is presented to a Canadian scientist, physician or researcher who has made a new and outstanding contribution in science or medicine to prevent, alleviate or eliminate a physical disability.
Program details and timeline are not yet confirmed. This information will be updated when the program launches.
To nominate a scientist, physician or researcher, please read eligibility criteria below:
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident residing in Canada
- Have made a significant contribution to science or medicine
- Research conducted must have resulted in a significant advancement in scientific knowledge, prevention, treatment or cure of a physically disabling condition
- Research findings must have been published in peer reviewed journals
You must be nominated for this award.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
If your nomination will be submitted by a nominator other than the VPR, please submit the nomination form directly to the sponsor by the external deadline. Please also submit a copy of the full nomination and OR-5 to email@example.com.
How to Apply
The Vice-President (Research) encourages nominations for this prestigious award, and will serve as nominator for those nominees recommended by the Research Honours and Awards Advisory Committee. If you wish to nominate a colleague or to be considered for VPR nomination, please submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline.
An Expression of Interest will include:
- A draft letter (two-three pages) addressed to the VPR, signed by your ADR, which outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria of the award; and
- An up-to-date CV of the nominee
If your nomination will be submitted by a nominator other than the VPR, please submit the nomination form directly to the sponsor by the external deadline. Please also submit a copy of the full nomination and OR-5 to email@example.com
The completed nomination form must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.