Ontario Ministry of Colleges and Universities
Awards of Excellence
These awards celebrate the incredible work faculty, staff and graduate students on campus, across the community and beyond. These awards recognize Ontario spirit and leadership during the 2020/2021 school year.
There are two categories related to research:
- Innovation and entrepreneurship: Faculty and Staff who are working with industry and business to drive economic development
- Rising star: Faculty, Staff, and Graduate students under 35 years of age who are making a difference in education, inspiring students, or conducting innovative research in the postsecondary education sector.
There are three additional categories related to teaching and other activities:
- Everyday heroes: Faculty and Staff who have stepped up and made a difference during the pandemic and the 2020/2021 school year
- Future-proofing Ontario's students: Faculty and Staff who have led the way in adapting programming that supports new ways of learning.
- Equality of opportunity: Faculty and Staff who have excelled at opening postsecondary education to marginalized and under-represented groups.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Please fill out the nomination form at the Minister of Colleges and Universities' Awards website. Each nomination requires a 400-word explanation of how the nominee has demonstrated leadership and Ontario spirit. If applying for the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award, please email your submission confirmation to email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please fill out the nomination form at the Minister of Colleges and Universities' Awards website by the external deadline. Each nomination requires a 400-word explanation of how the nominee has demonstrated leadership and Ontario spirit. If applying for the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award, please email your submission confirmation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information
For more information, contact email@example.com.