Ministry of Municipal Affairs
Places to Grow Implementation Fund
The Places to Grow Implementation Fund supports projects that promote and help achieve the policies and goals of the Province’s growth plans - the Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe and the Growth Plan for Northern Ontario by:
- increasing knowledge and understanding of growth planning in Ontario through research and data collection and/or;
- fostering greater public knowledge, awareness and understanding of the merits of growth planning in Ontario through training and education.
In 2017-18, consideration will be given to projects and research initiatives that build awareness of and advance growth planning in Ontario, including areas of focus such as:
- Building healthy, complete communities in urban, suburban and/or rural contexts.
- Increasing intensification and addressing barriers to it.
- Achieving transit-supportive densities.
- Designing high quality compact built form and public open spaces.
- Achieving a range and mix of housing options, including affordable housing, to serve all sizes, incomes, and ages of households.
- Aligning land use planning with economic development strategies and emerging trends.
- Integrating land use planning with planning and investment in infrastructure and public service facilities.
- Mitigating and adapting to climate change and creating low-carbon or net-zero communities.
The Fund has a budget of $200,000 to support a limited number of projects. Project funding will range from $5,000 to $50,000.
Maximum Project Value
Project funding will range from $5,000 to $50,000.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Please submit your proposal and signed OR5 form to the Research Services email address at email@example.com