Ministry of Transportation of Ontario (MTO)
2023/24 Highway Infrastructure Innovations Funding Program (HIIFP)
- Traffic Operations
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Engineering Materials
- Highway Design
- Investment Planning
The total HIIFP funding amount for any fiscal year is subject to provincial budget approval. MTO may be required to delay the award of HIIFP funds until the provincial budget has been approved.
MTO will consider application packages for research project proposals that are multi-year, meaning funding may be required for the current and future fiscal year(s). In such cases, MTO will endeavour to provide funding beyond the first fiscal year, however, MTO cannot guarantee funding in future years.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Please submit your completed application package along with an OR-5 Form to email@example.com. Please ensure your Associate Dean, Research (ADR) has signed the Application under 'Head of Department'. The Office of Research Services will obtain the ORS signature.
How to Apply
- HIIFP Application Form (see Appendix D, Form 23-A)
- Research Proposal Summary (see Appendix E, Form 23-C)
- Budget Summary (see Appendix F, Form 23-D)
- Detailed Research Project Proposal (maximum 10 pages)
- Budget Details Form (see Appendix G, Form 23-E). See Section 5 for details.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) for t he Principal Researcher and the Co-Applicants (if any) listed in the HIIFP Application Form (23-A).
- Additional Approvals (where required). For example:
- Pre-approvals (use of MTO facilities, work conducted on MTO highways, etc.)
- Open Research Topic Form 23-B (if applicable, see Section 3.2.2 for details).
Information For Co-applicants
If you need to meet a deadline set by the lead institution for this opportunity, please ensure that you provide the Office of Research with at least five days in advance of the lead institution’s deadline to review the application, or your proposed component of the project. Please be in touch with the Office of Research (contact information below) ahead of the deadline if it looks like it will be difficult for you to submit all the required documentation on time (i.e. budget, proposal, OR-5 Form).
|2023-24 HIIFP Program Guide||1.86 MB|