Mitacs Globalink Research Internship (GRI) is now accepting faculty project submissions for Summer 2022. GRI pairs faculty in Canada with international undergrads for 12-week research projects from May to October. The Globalink program builds international networks and experiences, and positions Canada as a top destination for innovation and research among students from abroad.
- All disciplines are eligible
- Top-ranked senior undergrads travel from Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Mexico, Taiwan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and United States
- Faculty can submit multiple projects and re-submit projects from previous years
Globalink Cycle and Important Dates
- April to June 2021: Professors submit research projects to Mitacs. All accepted projects are made available to student applicants in an online database. Professor project proposals are due June 9, 2021, by 1 p.m. PT, for 2022 Globalink Research Internships.
- July to September 2021: International students submit applications and select research projects from the online database. Mitacs conducts an eligibility review of student applications.
- October to December 2021: Mitacs provides professors with proposed student candidates for their project. Mitacs collects student and professor rankings, then finalizes offers to students. Final results are announced in January.
- January to April 2022: Successful students start working with their Canadian host professors to arrange pre-internship details (e.g., reading to be completed beforehand) while Mitacs oversees logistics and coordinates with university administrative offices.
- May to October 2022: Globalink Research Interns arrive in Canada and work with supervising professors for 12 weeks on their research project.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
For more information on the program and how to apply, please visit their website.