Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance
The objectives of the Knowledge Translation and Transfer (KTT) Funding Program are to explore the science of KTT, drive knowledge into action, and evaluate and utilize KTT methods and best practices.
The Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance invites project proposals in the following funding streams:
- KTT Research Funding includes projects that advance the science of knowledge translation and transfer in agri-food and rural sectors.
- KTT Mobilization Funding supports outreach and/or engagement activities that connect end-users with existing research.
Individual project proposals may only be submitted to one funding stream.
All projects, regardless of stream, must relate to an established OMAFRA research priority and support Ontario’s agri-food and/or rural sectors. Projects do not need to address a specific research question within the identified priority.
Projects will be adjudicated through a one-step review process. Full proposals are due by 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday December 15, 2020.
For further information about this call and OMAFRA research priorities, please visit KTT page on the Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance website.
University of Guelph faculty members are eligible to be the lead applicant and/or a co-applicant on any project funded by the Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance. Adjunct faculty members may also apply if they are eligible to hold research funding at the University of Guelph.
Prior to being awarded any new project funding, lead applicants and co-applicants must be fully compliant with all reporting requirements for ongoing Alliance-funded projects.
Maximum Project Value
Two streams of funding are available through the KTT Funding Program. Maximum project amounts are as follows:
- KTT Research Funding: Maximum project value is $70,000 ($35,000 per year for up to two years)
- KTT Mobilization Funding: Maximum project value is $40,000 ($20,000 per year for up to two years)
To learn more about the KTT Funding Program and online submission process, join us for a virtual town hall information session on:
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020 from 12 to1 p.m. (click the link to access the town hall: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting); and/or
- Wednesday, November 4, 2020 from 12 to 1 p.m. (click the link to access the town hall: Join Microsoft Teams Meeting).
If you would like to consult with a knowledge mobilization specialist regarding your application, please contact Victoria Holla, Knowledge Mobilization Manager at email@example.com.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.