Thursday September 21, 2023 3:00pm to 4:30pm
Tier 1 Proposal Development Workshop
This meeting is an opportunity for faculty to join program staff and U of G Research Program Directors to learn more about the proposal development and review process and hear advice and tips for preparing high quality proposals.
- Thursday, September 21, 2023, at 3:00 p.m. in ANNU room 141
- Join virtually: Click here to join the proposal development workshop
New/enhanced areas of research in OMAFRA’s research priority document include:
- Indigenous research opportunities: The Alliance encourages researchers to address research questions related to Indigenous agriculture and food systems including:
- Develop a research project to address key needs, challenges or emerging opportunities in support of Indigenous agriculture and food systems in Ontario (RIB ID 2023.12).
- Strong rural communities: Strengthening rural communities through multidisciplinary collaborations.
- Innovation in products and practices: Exploring disruptive technologies to tackle challenges faced by Ontario's agri-food sector.
- Environmental sustainability: Soil health, greenhouse emissions, and the impacts of emerging substances of concern. The call also recognizes the critical role of digital ecosystems in advancing agriculture.
Researchers are encouraged to review the full priorities document.
Reminder: Tier 1 Town Hall Information Session
- ·Thursday, September 14, 2023, at 2:00 p.m. in ANNU room 141.
- ·To join virtually: Click here to join the town hall meeting
For information on the open Tier 1 call visit the Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance Tier 1 Research Program – Call for Full Proposals Research Alert.
If you have questions about the Call for Proposals, please contact a research program coordinator in the Office of Research (Agri-Food Partnership) at email@example.com.
For support with the development of your Knowledge Translation and Transfer (KTT) Plan please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions related to industry partner contributions, leveraging opportunities, intellectual property or commercialization please contact Kaleigh Rajna (email@example.com) from the Research Innovation Office.
Office of Research
Stacy Favrin, Senior Manager, OMAFRA/UofG Research Programs
Office of Research, Agri-Food Partnership