Ontario SPOR SUPPORT Unit (OSSU)
In the EMPOWER Awards V, OSSU is soliciting proposals linked to patient-partnered and citizen/public engaged research that has the capacity to deliver impacts related to health and health system challenges in Ontario. The application and impact of the work should be relevant and tailored to the needs of stakeholders in the province (from patients to healthcare practitioners, to health policy and the health system).
The Ontario SPOR SUPPORT Unit (OSSU) is inviting proposals from qualified groups for additional knowledge mobilization and implementation funding to empower patient-oriented research projects to achieve broader impacts on health, health policy and health system for Ontario.
Program details and timeline are not yet confirmed. This information will be updated when the program launches.
In order to be eligible for this funding opportunity, proposals must identify:
- That the research has taken place in Ontario;
- That the term of the initial research project is no more than 2 years from the start date of the EMPOWER Award funding opportunity (January 2023);
- That the initial research to be translated can demonstrate meaningful patient partnership;
- That the initial research to be translated was NOT funded by the Ontario SPOR SUPPORT Unit as part of its IMPACT Award demonstration projects;
- That the proposed research and knowledge translation team incorporates patient partnership in the proposed activities; and,
- That the nominated principal applicant (NPI) is associated with a CIHR-eligible institution to whom OSSU funds can be flowed.
The OSSU EMPOWER Awards are NOT to supplement research activity funding or to conduct further research based on the initial patient-oriented research project.
OSSU will allocate up to $25,000 for the period of January 1, 2023 to June 31, 2023.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
Proposals are to be submitted electronically to OSSU via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals should involve two documents:
- A five page workplan
- Budget using the OSSU budget template
The document templates may be accessed on the EMPOWER Awards phase V web-page.
Please also submit a copy of the full nomination and an OR-5 to email@example.com by the external deadline.