Ontario Turfgrass Research Foundation
With funds generated through donations and fundraising events, the OTRF annually provides grants to academic researchers to improve turfgrass management, ensuring healthy grass systems for years to come.
The OTRF Research Grant Committee will select annual research projects to fund based on the following priorities, that has been developed in partnership with key turfgrass industry stakeholders:
- A systems approach to sustainable turfgrass management.
- Turf management best practices.
- Effects of climate change on turfgrass and pests.
- Improved turfgrass species and varieties.
- Societal benefits of turfgrass.
- Economic impact of turf management decisions.
- New instrumentation, robotics, and software technologies.
- Basic research (economics, environment, playability) of synthetic turf & comparison to natural turf.
- Development and evaluation of effective alternatives to conventional pesticides.
- Nutrient management and nutrient sources.
- Water conservation and water quality.
- Emerging Pests – Improved diagnostics for new pests and turf diseases in northern climates.
- Wear tolerance, management, and recovery.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
Deadline for applicant to submit application to OTRF.
How to Apply
OTRF Turfgrass Research Grants Application form.