United States Department of Defense (DOD)
Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP).
The following funding opportunities have been announced:
Prostate Cancer Research Program (PCRP):
- Data Science Award (NEW for FY21)
- Health Equity Research and Outcomes Improvement Consortium (HEROIC) Award (NEW for FY21)
- Early Investigator Research Award
- Physician Research Award
- Translational Science Award
- Health Disparity Research Award
- Idea Development Award
- Clinical Consortium Award
Peer-Reviewed Alzheimer’s Research Program (PRARP):
- Convergence Science Research Award
- Research Partnership Award
- Accelerating Diagnostics Research Award
- Innovation in Care and Support Award (INCASA)
- Leveraging Approaches for Innovation in Care and Support Award (LEAP-INCASA)
The following program has been pre-announced:
Breast Cancer Research Program (BCRP):
- Breakthrough Award Levels 1 and 2
- Breakthrough Award Level 3
- Breakthrough Award Level 4
- Era of Hope Scholar Award
- Innovator Award
- Transformative Breast Cancer Consortium Award
See specific call for applicable funding information.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If you are considering applying, please contact Angela Vuk as soon as possible to assist with application requirements.
How to Apply
Detailed descriptions of funding opportunities, evaluation criteria, and submission requirements can be found in the specific Program Announcements. The Program Announcements are available electronically for downloading from the Grants.gov website, the CDMRP website and the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP). Additional information about applying to CDMRP programs, as well as tips for successfully preparing applications for different types of CDMRP award mechanisms, are available in the CDMRP Webinar Series
All CDMRP funding opportunities, both recently and previously released, are available on the CDMRP website.
Submission is a two-step process requiring both pre-application submission through the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) prior to the pre-application deadline, and full application submission through Grants.gov. All applications must conform to the final Funding Opportunities/Program Announcements and General Application Instructions which can be found on the Grants.gov website. For detailed information on the submission process, refer to the specific Program Announcement/Funding Opportunity.
If you are interested in applying, please contact the Office of Research as soon as possible so we can work through the application process and Grants.gov with you.