Th Royal Society of Canada
The College of New Scholars, Artists and Scientists is Canada’s first national system of multidisciplinary recognition for the emerging generation of Canadian intellectual leadership. It comprises a fourth entity (along with the current three Academies) within the Royal Society of Canada. The Members of the College are Canadians and Permanent Residents who, at an early stage in their career, have demonstrated a high level of achievement. The criteria for election is excellence, and membership is for seven years. Up to 80 Members may be elected each year.
Program details and timeline are not yet confirmed. This information will be updated when the program launches.
- Candidates can be nominated to the College by Fellows of the Royal Society of Canada, current Members of the College, or Institutional Members of the RSC.
- Candidates must be no more than 15 years from the conferral of the PhD or equivalent qualification. Where there are questions of equivalence eligibility, the Honorary Secretary shall provide the conclusive determination on behalf of the RSC Council.
- Candidates must be permanent Canadian residents.
A seven-year membership as a Member of the Royal Society of Canada.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
If your nomination will be submitted by a nominator other than the VPR, please submit directly to the sponsor by the external deadline. Please also submit a copy of the full nomination to email@example.com.
How to Apply
The Vice-President (Research) encourages nominations for this prestigious award, and will serve as nominator for those nominees recommended by the Honours and Awards Advisory Committee. If you wish to nominate a colleague or to be considered for VPR nomination, please submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to firstname.lastname@example.org by the internal deadline.
An Expression of Interest will include:
- A draft letter (two-three pages) addressed to the VPR, signed by your ADR, which outlines how you/your nominee meets the criteria outlined on the RSC website.
- An up-to-date CV for nominee (and each member of the team, if applicable)
If your nomination will be submitted by a different nominee, and therefore does not require the Vice-President's endorsement, please submit a complete nomination to email@example.com by the external deadline.