An initiative of Our Food Future and Innovation Guelph’s Circular Food Economy iHub.
Seeding Our Food Future
For More Information
For more detailed information about the program, please refer to the Seeding Our Food Future Program Guide.
To support the recovery, development and growth of local food system businesses, Seeding Our Food Future will offer 40 selected companies:
- a non-repayable seed funding grant of $5,000;
- up to 30 hours of targeted support and expertise through Innovation Guelph ($4,500 value);
- a guaranteed spot in R-Purpose MICRO, a 12-week educational program focused on building sustainable practices and business resilience, delivered by Provision Coalition ($1,200 value); and;
- the chance to apply for a supplementary interest free loan of up to $10,000 through Harve$t Impact in collaboration with the Waterloo-Wellington and Saugeen Community Futures offices.
All applicants must be a business, not-for-profit or social enterprise located in Guelph and/or Wellington County and meet one or more of the following eligibility criteria:
- Starting a new business (including not-for-profit or social enterprise) that contributes to the circular food economy.
- Pivoting to a more circular/sustainable business model.
- Implementing circular practices, systems or processes in an existing business, not-for-profit or social enterprise that is part of the food system.
- Creating or pivoting an existing business, not-for-profit or social enterprise to a business model that supports inclusive access to nutritious food, particularly during the immediate crisis.
- Enabling a food system business, not-for-profit or social enterprise to effectively use data & technology.
- Initiating a collaboration that contributes to a circular food economy.
NOTE: If you or your organization has received funding from Our Food Future or any of its Implementation teams, for work related to Our Food Future, you are not eligible to apply.
A non-repayable seed funding grant of $5,000 along with programming and mentorship supports ($5,700 value).
The chance to apply for a supplementary interest free loan of up to $10,000.
Supported Program Period - July 15, 2020 to March 31, 2021
If College-level review is required, your College will communicate its earlier internal deadlines.
How to Apply
Apply online using the Seeding Our Food Future Application