US Department of Defense (DoD)
This alert is to notify the research community of a recently released Fiscal Year 2020 (FY20) pre-announcement and funding opportunity for the Defense Health Program, Department of Defense Combat Readiness-Medical Research Program, managed by the Office of Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP).
The FY20 CRRP will solicit research applications addressing at least one of the Focus Areas described below. The Focus Areas broadly describe current needs to ensure readiness for delivering front-line care in combat situations and for delivering medical damage control capability, assets, and lifesaving interventions to address the emerging needs of the Warfighter and Service medics during prolonged and en route care in austere and combat environments, including the acute and early management of combat-related trauma at the point of injury.
Applications submitted to the FY20 CRRP must address at least one of the following Focus Areas:
- Multiple-use scalable wound-care solutions that can address prevention of bleeding and infection, delivery of therapeutics, and promotion of healing spanning acute through chronic care
- Repair and/or restoration of combat-related genitourinary organ and tissue damage
- Solutions for assessment of mild traumatic brain injury in deployed and far-forward settings to include portable devices
- Research and development of freeze-dried plasma and platelets to address hemorrhage and resuscitation
- Solutions to enhance Warfighter readiness in battlefield and austere environments including the prevention and treatment of:
- Gastrointestinal illness such as Enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli diarrheal disease and inflammatory bowel disease
- Sleep disorders
- Myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome
- Infectious diseases
- Enhanced delivery and utilization of telemedicine platforms
Submission of a pre-proposal is required; application submission is by invitation only.
Submission deadlines are not available until the Broad Agency Announcement is released. For email notification when Broad Agency Announcements are released, subscribe to program-specific news and updates under “Email Subscriptions” on the eBRAP homepage at https://ebrap.org/eBRAP/public/index.htm
- Maximum funding of $2,000,000 for total costs (to include direct and indirect costs).
- Maximum period of performance is two years.
Please refer to the Office of Research COVID 19 web-page for directives related to research activities at the University of Guelph.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying to this program or any DoD programs, please contact Angela Vuk (email@example.com) as soon as possible so we can work with you on your application and confirm access to Grants.gov for submitting applications.
A pre-application is required and must be submitted through the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) prior to the pre-application deadline. All applications must conform to the final Funding Opportunities/Program Announcements and General Application Instructions which can be found on Grants.gov.