US Department of Defense (DoD)
Congressionally Directed Medical Research Program (CDMRP).
For More Information
Complete and detailed descriptions of these funding opportunities, evaluation criteria, and complete submission requirements can be found in the specific Program Announcements.
The Program Announcements are available electronically for downloading from the Grants.gov website by performing a search using the Department of Defense as the Agency in the left search column.
The following Melanoma Research Program Opportunities have been announced:
- New! Melanoma Academy Leadership Award is a virtual career and research platform. The Academy Leadership (Director and Deputy Director) will catalyze the growth and professional development of the Early Career Investigators (Scholars), assess the progress of the Scholars, and facilitate communication and collaboration amongst all Academy members. The Leadership proposes pilot projects in melanoma for all Academy members to collaborate and advance both their careers and the field of melanoma research.
- Pre-application (Letter of Intent) due 4 August 2021
- Full application (no invitation to submit required) due 26 August 2021
- New! Melanoma Academy Scholar Award is a career development award mechanism. Independent early career investigators (Scholars) are integrated into an interactive Academy to facilitate career advancement and research development.
- Pre-application (pre-proposal) due 29 June 2021
- Full application (invitation is required to submit) due 28 September 2021
Other Melanoma Research Program Opportunities – see program announcements for important due dates
- Mid-Career Accelerator Award)
- Idea Award
- Team Science Award
- Translational Research Award
Detailed descriptions of the funding opportunity, evaluation criteria, and submission requirements can be found in the Program Announcements. The Program Announcements are available electronically for downloading from the Grants.gov website, the CDMRP website and the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP).
Additional information about applying to CDMRP programs, as well as tips for successfully preparing applications for different types of CDMRP award mechanisms, are available in the CDMRP Webinar Series.
See specific call for applicable funding information.
Please note that research activities carried out in the context of COVID-19 need to adhere to the University of Guelph COVID-19 research principles, policies, guidelines and processes as they may be updated from time to time and communicated on the Office of Research web-page.
If you are considering applying, please contact Angela Vuk as soon as possible to assist with application requirements.
How to Apply
Submission is a two-step process requiring both pre-application submission through the electronic Biomedical Research Application Portal (eBRAP) prior to the pre-application deadline, and full application submission through Grants.gov. All applications must conform to the final Funding Opportunities/Program Announcements and General Application Instructions which can be found on the Grants.gov website. For detailed information on the submission process, refer to the specific Program Announcement/Funding Opportunity.
If you are interested in applying, please contact the Office of Research as soon as possible so we can work through the application process and Grants.gov with you.