IMPORTANT CHANGES IN ETHICS REVIEW PROCESS
Due to an increase in the number and complexity of submissions, the University of Guelph Research Ethics Board (REB) will be split into two separate Boards as of January 1, 2013.
The following two new Boards will be created:
- REB-G: University of Guelph Research Ethics Board for General submissions which will primarily deal with submissions from the social sciences and humanities
- REB-NPES: University of Guelph Research Ethics Board for the Natural, Physical and Engineering sciences (REB-NPES) will deal primarily with applications involving topics in health, natural sciences, and engineering.
The Director, Research Ethics, in consultation with the Chairs of the two REBs will determine, upon receipt of a submission, which REB would be most suited to review the application. The decision will be based on the methodology proposed in the submission and the expertise available on the two REBs. The choice of REB and of two or more members for delegated review will also be determined by the Director, Research Ethics.
Ethical clearance must be obtained before conducting any research involving human participants.
Application Process for Human Participants
- Procedures, Forms, Policies, SOPs, and Guidelines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Deadlines for submission to full board meetings for 2013
- Composition of the two new boards will be announced shortly.
Online Tutorial: TCPS2: CORE
- Brown Bag Lunches - Held each Monday from 12 to 1 in Room UC429
- Monthly Workshops, University Centre Room 334 from 1PM to 2PM
- Monthly Workshops, University Centre Room 333 from 1PM to 2PM